Business Strategy & Partnerships Intern (Summer 2019)
- - Corporate Engagement
- Arlington, VA, USA
The internship provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to work with the Business Strategy team. This team works at the nexus of climate, energy and the business community, with a focus on the Center's work with its Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC) and the Climate Leadership Conference. The intern will work directly with the Director of Corporate Engagement and other C2ES program staff.
• Researching, maintaining, and communicating (both externally and internally) information on climate and energy-related corporate strategies, reporting, and disclosure, both domestically and internationally;
• Supporting the Center's communication and collaboration with BELC companies, NGOs, governments, and other key stakeholder groups;
• Helping to support C2ES' role as the co-convener of the annual Climate Leadership Conference;
• Supporting research and editing of C2ES reports/whitepapers;
• Supporting meetings, workshops and briefings for BELC member companies and other stakeholders;
• Maintaining and improving content of business portions of the C2ES website.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in business/economics or related disciplines with focus in energy/environment, or in environmental policy/science with focus on economics and business; Masters level student preferred;
• Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (technology, politics, economics);
• Prior work experience in business, finance or consulting preferred;
• Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills; journalism/advanced writing skills a plus;
• Attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Status: Part-time/Full-time internship
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.