- - Policy
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
C2ES seeks a highly qualified person to focus on clean energy activity in the U.S., including state and regional climate policy, key industrial sectors and technologies essential for addressing climate change. This position reports to the Senior Vice President for Policy and Business Strategy.
• Research, analyze, write and communicate information on state, federal and regional and business developments in energy policy and technology deployment;
• Help organize conference sessions, workshops, briefings for stakeholders on the overarching topic of climate and clean energy leadership and related policy issues;
• Engage business representatives including our BELC and other stakeholders on clean energy and industrial strategy;
• Conduct background research and draft white papers as needed;
• Represent C2ES at climate change/clean energy meetings, conferences, and hearings.
• Two or more years of work experience related to climate change or clean energy technology or policy;
• Master's degree in environmental/energy policy, economics, environmental law, energy resources, or related field, interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (law, economics, engineering, policy);
• Proficient in organizing events a plus;
• Detail oriented;
• Top-notch writing, editing, research, and quantitative analysis skills required;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels; and
• Willingness to do some travel (less than 10% of total time)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
*Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts