- - Administration
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Finance Manager is responsible for the financial management and the budgets for C2ES's projects. This position reports to the President and the Director of Operations.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts, analyzing financial performance, and cash flow for a budget between $4 and $6 Million. Revenue includes memberships, foundation support, government grants, individual and corporate giving
• Process semi-monthly payroll and accounts payable
• Manage and reconcile bank and credit card accounts
• Prepare monthly financial reports and provide updates on financial status to the President and Senior Staff
• Work with Director of Operations on benefits, retirement accounts, and leave as it relates to payroll
• Process monthly contributions, prepare annual 5500 worksheets, and manage discrimination testing for the retirement accounts
• Design, implement, and manage systems and procedures to support project planning, budgeting, and tracking to ensure reconciliation and compliance with financial policies;
• Partner and co-manage with the Director of Development on foundation grants and all revenue to ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation in budgeting
• Liaise with the board's finance and audits committees and present financial status to the Board
• Manage organization's contract and consultant agreements and coordinate with Senior Staff with term negotiations
• Prepare and file annual 1099s for outside contractors
• Manage external audits of financial statements, preparation of federal and local tax returns, and compliance with federal, state and county reporting obligations
• Maintain relationship with external auditors, retirement account representatives, bankers, and legal counsel
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years progressive experience
• Experience in Excel spreadsheets required
• Experience with Abila accounting software preferred; looking to migrate to Quickbooks for next fiscal year
• Proven track record of budgeting, forecasting, and project planning
• Previous work experience in a non-profit preferred a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
PLEASE SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts