- - Policy
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
C2ES seeks a highly qualified person to focus on state, federal and international climate policy, with an emphasis on carbon markets and finance. This position reports to both the Executive Vice President and the Senior Vice President for Policy and Business Strategy.
• Research, analyze, write and communicate information on state, federal, and international developments in climate and energy policy, with a particular focus on market-based policy solutions.
• Provide expert guidance to state, federal and international policy makers on carbon market and other climate policy design;
• Work closely with C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council and other business and stakeholder representatives;
• Organize workshops and briefings for policymakers, experts and stakeholders;
• Represent C2ES at climate change meetings, conferences, and hearings; and
• Contribute to the development of C2ES strategy and initiatives.
• Three or more years of work experience related to climate change or clean energy policy;
• Master's degree in environmental/energy policy, economics, finance, environmental law, energy resources, or related field;
• Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (law, economics, policy, business, etc.);
• Demonstrated expertise in carbon markets and policy design; background in climate finance a strong plus;
• Top-notch writing, editing, research, and quantitative analysis skills required;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels; and
• Willingness to travel (up to 25% of total time)
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: Full-time, regular, exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
**To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample**