- - Communications
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) seeks a Communications Associate to assist with all aspects of the Center's communications strategy including event planning, preparing print materials for publication, and executing social media strategy. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Organizing public events, including panel discussions, report release events and the annual Climate Leadership Conference, and supporting program staff in organizing workshops and other private events;
- Copyediting and laying out publications using InDesign;
- Executing social media strategy to engage key audiences, prioritizing growth and website conversions;
- Working with the Communications Manager and program staff to create and update web content, including interactive graphics, to improve traffic, site referrals, and search engine optimization;
- Drafting press releases, talking points, remarks, opinion articles, marketing emails and messaging documents;
- Developing marketing strategies to grow awareness of C2ES work among media, funders, the business community and broader public; and
- Contributing to innovative, strategic communications planning to highlight climate technology and policy solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in a field complementary to communications, government policy, or environmental studies;
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in the communications field, including event management;
- Excellent writing skills and writing samples;
- Proficiency in WordPress, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro is preferred;
- Ability to think critically and work collaboratively and/or independently as needed; and
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: This is a Full-time position; non-exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
**Please submit cover letter, resume, and multiple writing samples**
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts