Resilience Intern - Spring 2020
- - Resilience
- Arlington, VA, USA
The intern will work directly with the Resilience Fellow and program staff to assist with both short-term and long-term research projects related to climate change resilience. Businesses and government agencies at all levels are preparing for the climate change impacts affecting their communities today and expected to increase in the future. The C2ES Resilience Intern will have the opportunity to study one or more aspects of resilience planning in detail, in close collaboration with C2ES's resilience experts. C2ES's fall resilience research will focus on how cities' local economies are affected by climate change, with other potential research on a number of topics which could include federal flood insurance policy, electricity sector resilience and reliability, and resilient urban planning. Specific area(s) of research may be adjusted based on the intern's background.
• Conduct independent research and analysis on one or more resilience policy topics, with supervision provided by C2ES resilience experts.
• Contribute to staff research and analysis of resilience topics, for example by attending public events in the Washington, DC area related to resilience.
• Develop and contribute to written material including, possible blog posts and policy briefs published on the C2ES website.
• Support C2ES resilience team activities through an enthusiasm to learn and a willingness to engage in intellectual debate.
• Willingness to pitch in at all levels
• Undergraduate or graduate studies in a field complementary of C2ES staff expertise. Desirable academic majors include Environmental Science, Climate or Atmospheric Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Urban Planning, and Public Policy.
• The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled in a graduate program, though undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
• Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change resilience issues (e.g. science, engineering, urban planning, policy, or finance) is a plus.
• Top notch writing skills
• Ability to think critically and work independently.
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Status: Full- or part-time internship.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts