Communications Intern - Spring 2020
- - Communications
- Arlington, VA, USA
The intern will work directly with the Director of Communications and program staff
• Research and write blog posts and Solutions Stories
• Monitor C2ES.org web content to recommend updates that reflect the latest climate news and policies
• Conduct communications research on media, publications, and conferences
• Research and draft talking points
• Monitor climate and energy news
• Assist with C2ES social media efforts, including suggesting drafting and recommending social media content to highlight C2ES work and analysis
• Assist with C2ES events
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or higher in journalism, communications, public relations, public policy, marketing, or related field;
• Familiarity with environmental issues, climate change preferred;
• Top-notch writing, editing, and research skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels;
• Knowledge of social media, graphic design, or website design a plus.
Status: Full- or part-time internship
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts