Climate Innovation Intern - Spring 2020
- - Climate Innovation
- Arlington, VA, USA
The intern will work directly with the Senior Solutions & Outreach Fellow and report to the Managing Director for Strategic Initiatives in support of the Climate Innovation 2050 initiative. This initiative brings together more than two dozen leading companies to examine potential pathways toward substantially decarbonizing the U.S. economy.
• Support efforts to communicate with staff of the U.S. Congress regarding C2ES, The Climate Innovation 2050 initiative, and policy options that can decarbonize key sectors of the U.S. economy.
• Monitor, track, and report on legislative and executive actions on climate change to inform C2ES staff and stakeholders.
• Support C2ES staff in developing U.S. economy-wide decarbonization strategies through research, communications, logistical support and/or a willingness to contribute wherever needed.
• Develop and contribute to written material, including blog posts, factsheets, and briefs published on the C2ES website.
• Provide logistical support for events including conferences, workshops, and seminars related to the CI2050 initiative.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in government, environmental or energy policy, or public policy. Graduate students encouraged to apply.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
• Interdisciplinary foundation in the technological, economic and political challenges surrounding climate change.
• Strong communication skills, especially writing ability, are a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
For more information about the C2ES visit www.c2es.org.
**To apply please upload a cover letter, resume, and writing sample**
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts