- - Development
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Development / Fundraising Associate will help implement key aspects of the organization's fundraising program. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
• With guidance from the CFO, work with the senior staff to develop and implement the organization's short- and long-term strategies to raise unrestricted and restricted funds through foundation and corporate grants, government grants, and individual gifts
• Ensure the timely cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgment of all funders. Maintain the organization's constituency relationship management system
• Manage state charity registrations including setting up new accounts and filing annual paperwork
• Update our annual certifications with charity rating agencies, workplace giving programs, and crowdfunding philanthropy sites
• Assist with tracking fundraising revenue and partner with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate tracking and reconciliation in budgeting
• Assist with grant correspondence, including the monitoring of application deadlines and the submission of applications as well as interim and final reports
• Assist with initiating and managing development events, including salons, dinners, private meetings, and fundraisers
• Work with Communications team and key staff in order to write updates to funders/prospects through our monthly/quarterly emails, end of year fundraising and Annual Report mailing
Status: Full-time, regular, non-exempt
• 2-3 years of fundraising/development experience required; 3-5 years preferred
• Bachelor's or Master's degree a plus
• Experience in foundation, corporate and/or individual fundraising (not phonebanking or canvassing)
• Experience in an environmental and/or energy non-profit preferred
• Excellent writing (including grant proposals and reports), editing, research skills
• Experience with SalesForce and Excel a plus
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume on our website: www.c2es.org
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts