Climate and Sustainability Intern (Remote)
- - Policy
- VA, USA
- Part Time
C2ES is seeking two (2) Climate and Sustainability Interns (remote), who will work directly with the Director for Sustainability and Engagement to assist with both short-term and long-term projects related to: city-level climate resilience and economic competitiveness, city-level climate policy, and public-private partnerships (including programmatic support to the Alliance for a Sustainable Future and events related to the Climate Leadership Conference).
Support overall climate and sustainability programmatic needs, which may include:
• Provide website updates on various topics, including resilience, city-level policy, and the Alliance for a Sustainable Future pages
• Promote the City Resilience and Economic Competitiveness project through blogs, webinars, and outreach
• Support the Alliance for a Sustainable Future through city sustainability work city including: webinars, research, and case study preparation.
• Collect case studies on private-public partnerships
• Contribute to staff research and analysis of topics, for example by attending public events in the Washington, DC area related to resilience.
• Support event planning through agenda setting, speaker engagement, sponsor development, and development of virtual tools for the climate leadership conference (CLC).
• Other independent research and analysis with supervision provided by C2ES resilience experts, with the possibility of supporting other program areas' events and research when needed.
• Develop and contribute to written material, including state news items, case studies, blog posts, and policy briefs, with a goal of having specific deliverables authored by the intern;
• Undergraduate studies in a field complementary of C2ES staff expertise. Desirable academic majors include Environmental Science, Climate or Atmospheric Science, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Urban Planning, and Public Policy.
• Currently enrolled in a graduate program, though undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
• Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issues (e.g. science, engineering, urban planning, policy, or finance) is a plus.
• Prior experience in sustainability roles - preferably with respect to city sustainability, GHG mitigation activities, urban resilience and equity issues
• Top notch writing skills
• Ability to think critically and work independently.
• An enthusiasm to learn and pitch in at all levels.
• A willingness to engage in intellectual debate.
• Willingness to pitch in at all levels
Compensation: As a nonprofit, C2ES typically partners with educational institutions for academic credit and/or stipends, however unpaid internships will also be considered if neither is available.
Status: Full or part-time, with the ability to commit regular hours September 2020 – December 2020 (dates and hours flexible)
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, academic transcripts, resume, and writing sample to our website.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts