Policy Fellow (Finance)
- - Corporate Engagement
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – Policy Fellow
Posted: November 23, 2020
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES), Arlington, VA
C2ES seeks a highly qualified candidate to focus on climate/energy finance and economics, with an emphasis on innovative finance for decarbonization efforts, climate-related financial risk disclosure, resilience, and related policy issues. The Finance, Policy, and Climate-Risk Fellow will also serve as the in-house lead on broader climate/energy economics. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Engagement.
• Monitor, research, analyze, and produce high-quality materials related to: innovative climate finance practices, challenges and solutions; climate-related financial risk disclosure and regulation; and other economic dimensions of climate change policy including resilience and regulation.
• Develop recommendations for companies and policymakers to advance climate finance solutions, tailored as needed to key sectors.
• Track and, as needed, apply latest literature assessing the economic impacts of climate policy proposals, including economic modeling results.
• Work closely with C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council and other business and stakeholder representatives to analyze and provide guidance on climate finance-related issues;
• Produce briefs, presentations, web content and other written materials.
• Organize workshops, briefings and other events.
• Brief companies, policymakers, media and others; represent C2ES at climate change workshops and conferences.
• Contribute to C2ES communications through blog posts, media interviews, webinars, etc.
• Contribute to the development of C2ES strategy and initiatives.
• At least 2 to 4 years of work experience related to energy/climate economics and finance.
• Advanced degree in environmental/energy economics, business/finance, or related field.
• Interdisciplinary understanding of climate/energy issues (science, technology, economics, business, law and policy).
• Understanding of corporate climate disclosure and ESG disclosure. Familiarity with Corporate GHG Protocol and TCFD guidance desired.
• Private sector experience, or experience working with companies through partnerships, a strong plus.
• Top-notch research, writing, and analytical skills (including qualitative and quantitative analysis).
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent stakeholder outreach and engagement skills, including ability to plan external-facing events.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed.
• Willingness to pitch in at all levels.
• Some travel may be required.
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES employees are members of an amazing team of colleagues. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable and just economy. Working for the well-being of all people and the planet is a noble calling and we encourage you to apply to work with us.
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively.
C2ES is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples (one formal writing sample that is academic or research in nature, and one informal writing sample written for web communications) on our website: www.c2es.org