Communications Intern (Remote)
- - Communications
- VA, USA
Communications Intern (Remote)
C2ES is seeking one (1) Communications Intern to work on a remote basis with the Communications Team, reporting directly to the Communications Manager and working collaboratively with other colleagues across the organization.
Major responsibilities will support the overall communications program at C2ES, which may include:
• C2ES digital outreach, including: social media, email, and web content; biweekly webinar development, and events.
• Creating graphics, visualizations, and branded documents.
• Monitoring C2ES.org web content to recommend updates that reflect the latest climate news and policies;
• Conducting communications research on media, publications, and conferences;
• Researching and drafting talking points;
• Virtual event planning, promotion, and hosting;
• Responding to press inquiries;
• Copyediting and layout for reports, web, and blogs;
• Blog, social media, and web content creation
• Social media data analytics
• Operational support and internal scheduling
• Pursuing Bachelor's degree or higher with a focus in journalism, communications, public relations, public policy, marketing, or related field;
• Strong writing and communications skills;
• Experience working with social media including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
• Top-notch writing, editing, and research skills;
• Experience with MailChimp, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
• Experience working with media
• Prior work experience in journalism, communications, public relations, public policy, marketing, or related field;
• Familiarity with the AP stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style
• Familiarity with database operations;
• Familiarity with website design;
• Familiarity with environmental issues and climate change;
• Attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels;
Compensation: As a nonprofit, C2ES typically partners with educational institutions for academic credit and/or stipends, however unpaid internships will also be considered if neither is available.
Status: Full or part-time, with the ability to commit regular hours Janruary 2021 - May 2021 (dates and hours flexible)
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, transcripts, resume, and writing sample to our website. Failure to include required documents may result in your application being automatically disqualified.