Energy Policy Intern (Remote)
- - Policy
- VA, USA
Energy Policy Intern (Remote)
C2ES is seeking one (1) Energy Policy Intern to work on a remote basis in the Fall of 2020. This internship provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to work on energy policy research at C2ES, including: hydrogen and other low carbon fuels, reducing power sector emissions, and reducing industrial sector emissions. The intern will work directly with the Senior Energy Fellow and other C2ES program staff.
• Conducting research on power, and industrial sector decarbonization in general, focus on infrastructure, clean industrial heat, hydrogen, and other low-carbon fuels.
• Writing, researching, and data analysis for C2ES reports, whitepapers, blogs, and other content;
• Writing and circulating daily communications clips;
• Organizing workshops and briefings for policymakers, experts and stakeholders;
• Representing C2ES at climate change meetings, conferences, and hearings; and
• Contributing to the development of C2ES strategy and initiatives.
• Enrolled in (or completed) Master's degree in: environmental science, environmental policy, engineering, or a related field.
• Excellent writing, editing, research, and analytic skills;
• Prior work experience in energy policy or a related field;
• Ability to conduct qualitative and quantitative research
• Interdisciplinary understanding of climate change issues (technology, politics, economics);
• Skilled in data analysis and visualization;
• Strong command of technology;
• Attention to detail;
• Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Compensation: As a nonprofit, C2ES typically partners with educational institutions for academic credit and/or stipends, however unpaid internships will also be considered if neither is available.
Status: Full or part-time, with the ability to commit regular hours Janruary 2021 - May 2021 (dates and hours flexible)
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and writing sample to our website.