- - Communications
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) seeks a Communications Associate to assist with all aspects of C2ES's communications strategy. Primary responsibilities include executing social media strategy, preparing print materials for publication, and event planning. The Communications Associate will also support the Communications Director and the Senior Communications Manager in news media engagement, drafting communications materials, administering the C2ES website, and other activities promoting C2ES products and activities to policymakers, the business community, the energy and climate research community, other stakeholders, and the general public. Qualified applicants will have 1-3 years of communications experience, strong written and verbal communications skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Executing social media strategy to engage key audiences, prioritizing growth and website conversions;
- Copyediting and laying out publications using InDesign;
- Organizing virtual and in-person public events, including panel discussions, report release events, and webinars; and supporting the annual Climate Leadership Conference and Awards;
- Working with the Senior Communications Manager and program staff to create and update web content, including graphics and maps, to improve traffic, site referrals, and search engine optimization; Drafting press releases, talking points, remarks, opinion articles, marketing and fundraising emails, and messaging documents;
- Developing marketing strategies to grow awareness of C2ES work among media, funders, the business community and broader public; and
- Contributing to innovative, strategic communications planning to highlight climate technology and policy solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public policy, environmental studies, or a related field;
- 1 to 3 years of work experience in the communications field, including event management;
- Excellent writing skills and writing samples;
- Proficiency in WordPress, Canva, Zoom Webinar, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro is preferred;
- Ability to think critically and work collaboratively and/or independently as needed; and
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Location: This position is currently remote due to Covid-19 protocols, but will be permanently based in Arlington, VA; near Washington, DC.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Rolling until position is filled
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience. Excellent benefits.
Status: This is a Full-time position; non-exempt
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
*Please submit cover letter, resume, and multiple writing samples on our website.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts