- - International
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
C2ES seeks one International Fellow to join its growing international team of climate policy experts. Reporting to the Vice President of International Strategies, this mid-level role will work closely with the Associate Director of International Strategies, as well as external stakeholders in partner countries and the United Nations to facilitate meaningful climate change dialogue and decision-making.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Research and analyze international climate policy issues
- Track, monitor and report on international climate policy developments, including climate policies of other countries
- Produce policy briefs, blogs, web content and other written materials
- Attend UNFCCC negotiations and other international gatherings
- Establish and maintain relationships with representatives of governments, institutions, and stakeholders engaged in international climate policy
- Help organize, and develop inputs to, informal convenings of climate negotiators, stakeholders, etc.
- Coordinate planning and logistics for workshops, briefings, and other events
- Manage third-party contractors producing reports and other products for C2ES
- Present on behalf of C2ES at conferences, workshops, etc.
- Master's degree (or higher) in environmental policy, international relations, energy/resources or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong familiarity with international climate policy issues and related processes, including the UNFCCC
- Interdisciplinary understanding of climate change issues policies (related to carbon markets, technology, politics, economics, science)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Multicultural awareness and previous experience in multicultural settings.
- Approaches problem-solving with an eye toward solutions that are strategic, bold, innovative, and practical
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels
- Top-notch writing skills
- Ability to work independently, as necessary
- Strong analytical, writing, and editing skills; strong quantitative skills a plus
- Attention to detail
- English fluency; other languages a strong plus
Travel Requirements: Must be willing to travel approximately 25-40% of time, if necessary, in particular to support C2ES' work in relation to the UNFCCC
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible
Closing Date: This job advertisement will close on Friday, April 23, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, transcripts, resume, and at least two writing samples (including one written solely by yourself) to our website.