- - Operations
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
HR Generalist (Mid-Level)
C2ES seeks a proactive, growth-oriented HR Generalist to act as a partner in transforming the organization's HR and Operational practices. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this non-supervisory role exercises "extreme ownership," is highly technically skilled, and comfortable collaborating with others to get most work done. This role will also provide recommendations and regular updates to the Chief Operating Officer for the responsibilities under their purview.
HR – 70%
- Project manage the C2ES internship program to ensure a quality learning experience for interns by: working with managers on goals, creating learning materials, and operationalizing interactive programming.
- Serve as website administrator for C2ES' recruitment and time-and-leave systems.
- Assist with recruitment efforts to ensure competitive and diverse applicant pools
- Project manage the organization's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts, including: educational activities, tracking and executing action items stemming from monthly DEI meetings; creating/maintaining partnerships to develop recruitment pipleline, and more.
- Oversee Engagement Committee and regular engagement programming.
- Execute onboarding and offboarding process for staff and interns.
- Use principles of adult learning and instructional design to create high-quality learning products (visual/audio and written aids) for staff and interns.
Operations – 30%
- Serve as board liaison; project-manage board-related matters
- Work with IT/Operations Associate to maintain process for building-related matters, including: keys, furniture, security access, parking, and more.
- Assist with initiatives as requested by the President or Chief Operating Officer.
- Assist with internal communications projects.
- Partner with the Chief Operating Officer, to define, measure, and report out on operations under COO through benchmarking and metrics. Serve as a backup for IT/Operations Associate and Chief Operating Officer, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field.*
- 3-7 years of relevant experience.
- Instructional design or HR Certifications, such as SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Expert use of instructional design tools, especially Adobe Captivate or Articulate.
- Interest in IT
- Experience working in nonprofits
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Experience facilitating in a group setting
- Experience with data visualization
- Strong visual design skills, including use of photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator and Canva
- Experience administering Sharepoint and/or wikis
- Ability to use MacOS
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels
- Top-notch writing skills
Travel/Time Requirements: Occasional travel may be required. Most work occurs between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday, however applicant must be able to work various hours based on business needs.
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible; C2ES operates remotely during the pandemic, however this position will need to come into the office 2 days a week starting mid-September.
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, transcripts and a portfolio of at least three examples of instructional design materials created alone.
*Degree note: Bachelor's degree may be substituted for an equivalent amount of experience.