- - Policy
- Office located in Washington DC Metro area, in Arlington VA, DC, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Policy Fellow
Position Close Date: June 18, 2021
Position Summary: This non-supervisory, matrixed role will leverage broad climate and energy knowledge across multiple projects, supervised by the Director of Energy Analysis.
- Research and analyze state, federal, and international climate and energy policy issues, with a primary focus on industrial decarbonization;
- Distill and communicate relevant insights for policy (i.e., policymaking and policy explanation), identifying key questions for businesses, policymakers, and other senior decision-makers;
- Establish and maintain strong relations with representatives of governments, institutions, and stakeholders, particularly congressional offices and federal agencies;
- Work closely with C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council and other business and stakeholder representatives;
- Organize workshops, briefings and other events engaging policymakers, experts and stakeholders;
- Represent C2ES in coalitions, at industry working group meetings, and conferences;
- Consistently deliver high-quality, well-written work products (e.g., quantitative analyses, policy briefs, talking points, white papers, blogs) for internal purposes and for publications targeted to C2ES' audience of policymakers, media, and the general public;
- Collaborate across the Center on research and policy analysis, communications, organizing events, etc.
- 2-5 years' relevant work experience;
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, policy, politics, law, economics, finance, environmental law, energy resources, or related field.
- Top-notch research and writing skills;
- Knowledge or experience in the industrial sector, energy-intensive industries (e.g., chemicals, cement, steel), and industrial policies.
- Knowledge and expertise of policies and actions related to industrial emissions and energy-intensive industries (e.g., chemicals, cement, steel);
- Able to present (e.g., oral and written) technical material to non-technical audiences;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of climate/technology/energy issues (science, technology, economics, business, law and policy);
- Familiarity with basic principles of qualitative and quantitative analysis;
- Understanding of state and federal climate and energy policies as well as political and legislative processes;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize among and efficiently manage multiple assignments and meet critical deadlines;
- Flexibility, willingness to pitch in at all levels, and a team player;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed;
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Travel, Time & Location Requirements: Position is based in the Washington, DC, area. Some travel may be required. Most work occurs between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday EST, however applicant must be able to work varying hours based on business needs.
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
• A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
• A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
• A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
• A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
We also are fully committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. There is no lasting climate solution without climate justice, and no climate justice without social justice. C2ES is committed to creating and growing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and among the stakeholders we collaborate with and convene. By fostering this culture, we can enhance our work and amplify our impact.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, writing sample (created alone), and academic transcripts.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts