CLC Communications Assistant (Remote)
- - Communications
- Washington, DC, USA
The Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES) seeks temporary communications staff to assist with execution of an annual conference and awards ceremony. Primary responsibilities include supporting the awards program, helping develop and implement a conference application, assisting with conference and awards social media, and updating website content related to the conference. The staffer will also assist in video production and media relations. Qualified applicants will have 1-3 years of communications experience, strong written and verbal communications skills, excellent organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
This is a temporary, full-time position, supporting facilitation of the October 13-15, 2021 Climate Leadership Conference in New Orleans.
- Assist in updating conference website with relevant posts and new sponsors, speakers and programming information
- Draft and update conference web materials, including registration, lodging, and program updates
- Support development of Climate Leadership Conference app, including speaker, program and sponsor updates and administration of application software
- Assist in drafting social media content, social media kits, and graphics and maintaining Climate Leadership Conference Twitter updates on new content, speakers, sponsors and programming
- Support communications with Climate Leadership Award winners, tracking and collecting materials for awards reception and developing promotional materials for winners, including social media kits, press release, and additional content
- Support for video production
- Assist in development of media contact lists for New Orleans area, and registering media for conference attendance and coverage
- 1-3 years of relevant experience;
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public policy, environmental studies, or a related field;
- Excellent writing skills and writing samples;
- Proficiency in Pathable, Cvent, WordPress, Canva, Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook is preferred;
- Ability to think critically and work collaboratively and/or independently as needed; and
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Starting Date: August 16, 2021
End date: October 29, 2021
Application Deadline: July 30, 2021
Travel, Time & Location Requirements: Position is remote or based in the Washington, DC, area. Some travel may be required. Most work occurs between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM ET, Monday through Friday, however applicant must be able to work varying hours based on business needs.
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on background and experience.
Status: This is a Full-time position; non-exempt
About the Climate Leadership Conference and Awards:
The Climate Leadership team is dedicated to addressing climate change through policy, innovation, and business solutions. Climate, energy, and sustainability professionals across sectors and from around the globe collaborate to explore solutions and opportunities, engage peers and build new connections, and showcase climate leadership. Produced by C2ES and TCR, the annual conference supports the prestigious Climate Leadership Awards, bringing national attention to organizations leading the way on climate.
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions:
C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. A key objective is a national market-based program to reduce emissions cost-effectively. We believe a sound climate strategy is essential to ensure a strong, sustainable economy.
C2ES is the successor to the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, and is widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues. We are:
- A Trusted Source – Ranking regularly among the top environmental think tanks in the world, C2ES provides timely, impartial information and analysis on our pressing climate and energy challenges.
- A Bridge-Builder – We bring city, state, and national policymakers together with businesses and other stakeholders to achieve common understanding and consensus solutions.
- A Policy Innovator – We develop market-based solutions and other practical policy approaches that deliver real and lasting climate progress.
- A Catalyst for Business Action – We work with Fortune 500 companies to strengthen business action and business support for effective climate policy.
*Please submit cover letter, resume, and multiple writing samples on our website.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts