- - Corporate Engagement
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
This non-supervisory, matrixed role will manage and execute key aspects of the Climate Leadership Conference and Awards and other C2ES-led events and support other stakeholder engagement for C2ES' climate and energy projects. This position will report to the Director of Sustainability and Engagement and will work closely with the Vice President of International Strategies, Vice President of Business Engagement, and Vice-President of Policy and Outreach, Director of Communications, and their teams.
- Annual Climate Leadership Conference and Awards:
- Oversee and manage administration and logistics of the conference (e.g., event siting, event and vendor contracts and invoicing, registration platform set-up, AV and production companies, website support, hotel, tour transportation) with an eye toward budget management
- Assist in on-site event management (e.g., liaise with hotel and event space points of contact, direct room set-ups, manage onsite vendors, registration, catering, etc.)
- Manage stakeholder requests and participation in the conference
- Coordinate and manage speakers, and support goals to achieve diverse stakeholder representation and perspectives
- Assist in managing the process for developing and awarding the Climate Leadership Awards, includes stakeholder engagement and logistics.
- Post-event reporting
- Other Events:
- As needed, assist with organizing more than a dozen virtual and in-person events including workshops, briefings, roundtables, international dialogues, and other events engaging policymakers, experts, and stakeholders
- For these events, manage the tasks listed above, as well as collecting speaker bios, headshots and slide decks, catering orders, transportation, and hotel arrangements for participants, etc.
- As needed, assist with speaker management for C2ES webinars, often engaging with senior-level representatives from large companies.
- 3 years or more relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience planning external- facing virtual and in-person events, including managing contracts, vendors, and event logistics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience incorporating diverse perspectives into stakeholder events and policy discussions to ensure greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice within climate policy.
- Ability to prioritize among and efficiently manage multiple assignments, and to pitch in at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, as needed
Travel, Time & Location Requirements: Position is based in the Washington, DC, area. Travel is required to the Climate Leadership Conference for 4-6 days each year. Other occasional domestic and international travel (<20%) may be required. Most work occurs between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday EST, however applicant must be able to work varying hours based on business needs. Starting in September 2021, C2ES staff will return to the office for a minimum of 2 days per week, with the option to work remotely the rest of the week.
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts