- - Executive
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES): C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge practical solutions to climate change. We are widely recognized as an influential and pragmatic voice on climate issues, a trusted convener, and a credible source of expertise and analysis. We work closely with federal, state, and local policymakers, executives of Fortune 500 businesses, international climate negotiators, and a wide range of other stakeholders to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. We believe ambitious and effective climate policy is essential to a thriving, sustainable economy.
Are you interested in supporting and being part of a small, deeply collaborative team of passionate individuals dedicated to advancing practical solutions to climate change? Do you work well independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, we would like to speak with you.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide full administrative support to the C2ES President and will also work closely with the C2ES Development team to support communications and logistics involving the Board of Directors and funders; they may also provide administrative support to C2ES Vice Presidents as needed and to the extent time allows. The Executive Assistant will report to the President and will be based in Arlington, VA.
Position Status: - VACANT
- Manage President's calendar, including scheduling meetings and arranging travel, meals, and lodging as necessary
- Manage President's email, including screening incoming emails and flagging urgent issues, tracking responses, and coordinating and managing draft emails
- Identify materials needed for meetings (e.g., talking points, background information) and coordinate with program, communications, or development staff as appropriate to prepare and finalize them
- Coordinate with Communications Team on President's speaking calendar and requests from media
- Reconcile travel receipts and other expenses and prepare financial documentation
- Assist Development Associate with communications with Board of Directors, including arranging logistics for Board meetings, preparing and distributing documents, assisting with Board recruitment and orientation, etc.
- Act as Board Secretary: take minutes of Board meetings and committee meetings, distribute and collect board compliance forms annually, maintain a record of any changes to C2ES bylaws and committee charges, and maintain an up-to-date list of Board member bios and contact information
- Assist Development Associate with a range of other Development-related activities (managing donor communications, arranging fundraising visits, assembling talking points, etc.), as needed
- Provide administrative assistance to Vice Presidents and other senior staff, as needed and as time allows
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational skills
- Discretion, dependability, and good judgment
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker who finds ways to get things done
- Ability to anticipate what others will need and proactively work to provide it
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and get along with a wide range people inside and outside the organization
- Flexibility and willingness to contribute as needed in a small organization
- Interest in climate change policy a plus
- Experience with non-profits or think-tanks a plus
- Ability to use MacOS, Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, and Sharepoint; experience with Salesforce a plus
- Bachelors degree plus 5-10 years of experience including at least 3 years as an assistant to an executive
Employment Status: Full time, benefits-eligible; exempt from overtime.
Reporting to: President
Travel, Time & Location Requirements: <10% travel; position requires a minimum of three days a week in the Arlington, VA office.
*To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and writing sample through the portal on our website.*
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts