U.S. Climate Policy Intern
- - Policy
- Arlington, VA, USA
U.S. Climate Policy Intern
C2ES seeks a highly qualified and committed individual to fill the position of U.S. Climate Policy Intern to deepen their knowledge of city, state, and/or federal climate and energy policy through on-the-job skill development and training. This internship will provides the ideal candidate an opportunity to work on assessing the post-Inflation Reduction Act policy landscape and growing stakeholder engagement efforts at C2ES. This intern will report to the Director for U.S. Policy and Outreach.
- Monitor, track, and report on U.S. domestic climate policy developments including both administrative and legislative actions;
- Research and analyze state and federal policies and other policies as needed;
- Develop and contribute to written material, including blog posts, other topical web content, and policy briefs, with a goal of having specific deliverables authored by the intern;
- Attend and summarize relevant events in Washington by other think tanks, advocacy groups, Congress and federal agencies;
- Support and conduct briefings with C2ES business partners on U.S. climate policy developments.
- Enrolled in, or completed a bachelor's degree or higher (with a preference given to graduate students) in one of the following fields: government, economics, environmental or energy policy, political science, or other related subject;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and interest in stakeholder engagement;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of climate change (technology, politics, economics, etc.);
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills;
- Ability to sort through dense and complicated information quickly;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and to pitch in at all levels.
Compensation: Currently enrolled student interns are encouraged to seek funding or credit through their schools. A stipend is available for those not receiving funding or school credit.
Status: Full or part-time, with the ability to commit regular hours October 2022 ' March 2023 (dates and hours flexible)
About the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions (C2ES): C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge ambitious and practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to secure and safe and stable climate by accelerating the transition to a thriving, just and resilient low-carbon economy. What sets C2ES apart is our combination of policy and analytical expertise, longstanding relationships with leading businesses, and reputation as a trusted convener. We work closely with international climate negotiators, federal, state, and local policymakers, executives of Fortune 500 businesses, and a wide range of other stakeholders to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. We believe ambitious and effective climate policy is essential to a prosperous, sustainable, and equitable economy. As an organization, we are collaborative, unconstrained by silos, focused on where we can have greatest impact, and excited about growing our scale and reach while maintaining our nimbleness and entrepreneurial culture.
We also are fully committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We believe we will only be effective in developing and advocating for climate solutions if we have a diverse range of voices and perspectives represented within C2ES, in our work, and among our partners. C2ES is committed to creating and growing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and among the stakeholders we collaborate with and convene. By fostering this culture, we can enhance our work and amplify our impact. We encourage individuals of all races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, sexual identities, and abilities to apply for this position. For more on C2ES's DEIJ policy, visit: https://www.c2es.org/about/diversity-equity-inclusion-and-justice/
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to our website.