Business Engagement Coordinator, Accelerating Technologies
- - Corporate Engagement
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Full Time
Business Engagement Coordinator, Accelerating Technologies
About C2ES: C2ES is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization working to forge ambitious and practical solutions to climate change. Our mission is to secure a safe and stable climate by accelerating the transition to a thriving, just and resilient low-carbon economy. What sets C2ES apart is our combination of policy and analytical expertise, longstanding relationships with leading businesses, and reputation as a trusted convener. We work closely with international climate negotiators, federal, state, and local policymakers, executives of Fortune 500 businesses, and a wide range of other stakeholders to advance strong policy and action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote clean energy, and strengthen resilience to climate impacts. We believe ambitious and effective climate policy is essential to a prosperous, sustainable, and equitable economy. As an organization, we are collaborative, unconstrained by silos, focused on where we can have greatest impact, and excited about growing our scale and reach while maintaining our nimbleness and entrepreneurial culture.
C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC) was created with the belief that business engagement is critical for developing effective solutions to the climate crisis and that companies taking early action on climate strategies and policy will gain sustained competitive advantage over their peers in a low-carbon future. The BELC is one of the largest U.S.-based groups of leading companies focused on addressing their climate impacts and supporting climate policy. The BELC comprises 41, mostly Fortune 500 companies, across a range of sectors, including technology, manufacturing, utilities, chemicals, automotive, and financial services.
Overview of the Role
The Business Engagement Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support to the C2ES Policy and Outreach team for C2ES's Net Zero Pathways Project in managing a suite of working groups to advance critical-path technologies for a clean energy economy including: sustainable aviation fuel, long duration energy storage, direct air capture, and hydrogen. The coordinator will work closely with colleagues on C2ES's Business Environmental Leadership Council team to engage member companies in the working groups and support the development of programming to drive company investment in, and advocacy for, clean technologies.
This position reports to the Vice President of Business Engagement, working closely with the Policy and Outreach team.
- Manage the administration and logistics of business engagement in C2ES's Net Zero Pathways Project: Coordinate participation of companies, including those in C2ES' Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC), in cross-sectoral working groups to advance policy incentives and market uptake of key decarbonization technologies.
- This position will track and coordinate across teams to prioritize engagement among companies in technology-focused working groups; assist with outreach to policymakers; Organize convenings and events as appropriate, including organizing and managing speakers; and conduct research to assist colleagues in policy and market analysis.
- Assist with recruitment of new BELC members by researching and helping to engage prospective companies to join working groups, and, by extension, to become BELC members;
- Assist with retention of existing BELC members by identifying opportunities to enhance value of working groups for BELC members;
- Help support the development and execution of technology and policy-focused programming to advance companies' support for critical path technologies, and broader policy initiatives.
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Vice President of Business Engagement, Vice President of Outreach and Policy, Director of U.S. Policy and Outreach, and other senior staff as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Approximately 2-3 years of work experience related to sustainable business and/or stakeholder engagement with businesses and/or energy/climate.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental or energy studies, economics, political science, business and sustainability, technology/innovation, or related field.
- Excellent relationship-management skills, including stakeholder outreach and engagement, and enjoys outward, customer-facing roles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in managing logistics and/or planning external-facing virtual and in-person events
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in compiling and analyzing publicly available data and deriving and presenting relevant insights.
- Broad familiarity with, and interest in, the nexus of business and investment in clean energy technologies.
- Strong project management skills
- Takes initiative, entrepreneurial, is self-directed
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, and enjoys working as part of a team
- Ability to work quickly, juggling multiple demands, in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness pitch in at all levels.
Some travel may be required
This position is based in C2ES's office in Arlington, VA. Staff currently work in the office at least 3 days per week and work remotely approximately two days each week.
- Health Insurance. C2ES covers 75% of the health insurance premiums.
- Dental Insurance. C2ES covers 100% of the total cost dental plan.
- Vision Insurance: Employee covers the total cost of this plan.
- Group Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance.
- Leave Time: Employees enjoy a 3 weeks' vacation per year.
- Sick time: up to 10 days per year.
- Personal Leave: Up to Two personal leave days.
- FMLA Leave: Case by case is evaluated by the Supervisor and HR.
- Holidays: C2ES observes 12 holidays during the year. Additionally, the organization closes the last week of year.
- Flexible environment.
Status: Full-time, benefits eligible, exempt position.
We also are fully committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We believe we will only be effective in developing and advocating for climate solutions if we have a diverse range of voices and perspectives represented within C2ES, in our work, and among our partners. C2ES is committed to creating and growing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and among the stakeholders we collaborate with and convene. By fostering this culture, we can enhance our work and amplify our impact. We encourage individuals of all races, ethnicities, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, sexual identities, and abilities to apply for this position. For more on C2ES's DEIJ policy, visit: https://www.c2es.org/about/diversity-equity-inclusion-and-justice/